Search This Blog

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Collecto Inc, Collection Company of America, CCA, EOS CCA

Collecto Inc, dba Collection Company of America, dba CCA, dba EOS CCA!

What a horrible experience to attempt to purchase your first home, and when the denial comes because a collection agency has placed multiple medical collection accounts on your credit report!

This happend to me, and I am fighting back. I am not fighting back because I dont want to pay my bills, I am fighting back because this collection agency has a bad reputation for doing shady business. I am not going to stand by and watch this multi million dollar corporation take my money because it is just business.

Before I knew it, this collection agency received a default judgement on my husband after they came to his place of business two times to attempt to collect this debt. Now, the first problem with that was that they never responded to the written request we sent to them demanding validation and assignment of the debt. The second violation was the constant phone calls that they made every day to annoy us. The next mistake they made was after the first visit to my husband's place of business, they clearly knew that it was not allowed, and could cost him his job. Another mistake they made, was mailing a notice in the mail to my husbands work address when they clearly knew our home address, and it just so happend that we were on vacation when the letter arrived. The letter was never given to my husband, and because of that we were not aware of the court date that was scheduled the next week. The judge granted the default judgement, and immediately granted the garnishment of his wages. I was never properly served, so the suit was only for my husband.

Obviously the garnished wages was a surprise, and we immediately requested a hearing to overturn the judgement and reverse the garnishment. We spent many hours investigating the laws, and the rules of the court. Now I am no lawyer, but I stood up late at night for weeks researching, and reading case law. I even have access to a great legal plan at work, and immediately requested the services of an attorney. My plan did not cover the default judgement being over turned, so I represented my husband and myself at the hearing. The judge granted the reversal and we were headed back to court to defend ourselves against the collection agency, and since many of our rights were violated, we also filed a counter claim.

Now the purpose of me telling my side of the story it to educate others on the rules, and the laws that I have uncovered. All of the information I will provide is PUBLIC RECORDS, and anyone has access to them.

One thing that has driven me so hard is the fact that there are laws and there are rules that Debt Collection Agencies must follow. There are more stricter rules on the agencies who continue to violate peoples rights under the FDCPA. You should read these rules, and the FTC website is always resourceful. http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre27.pdf

I will provide much of the evidence that I have uncovered specifically about this collection agency because it is the one I have investigated.

First I want everyone to know that it is your right to dispute the information reported on your credit report. You should make contact with them, and you should demand proof that you owe this debt. If it is an agency that has purchased your debt, you have the right to see written documentation that your debt specifically has been assigned to that agency. You have the right to request proof that they purchased your debt, and how much they purchased your debt for. I am attaching a excellent initial letter that you should send to the collection agency, or individual who claims to own your debt, and I would recommend certified letters, as well as one mailed copy in case they refuse the certified letter. You can always use the certified letter returned in court to show you did mail the letter: http://www.4shared.com/file/216450015/6f69b59a/credit_verification_letter.html

You can always send me a message, and I can try to help any way that I can.

I will post often, reveiling some of the information I obtain against the collection companies I research. I hope to help others not have to go through the nightmare I have been through. It is my goal to stop the harassment, the falsifing of records, and the mis-use of the judicial system. My goal is not to harass or intimidate the collections agencies, but to let them know that my rights were violated, and I intend to make sure it does not continue to happen. I want to share my knowledge, and results of my investigation because it had a huge impact on my life, and how I see the justice system. In a series of posts I will reveal the steps I took, the tools I used, and how you can use the same tools, and see the results as I did. I spent many hours online doing research, and even when my complaints seemed to be going no where, I pushed further into the political world. I told my story, and how my rights are being violated to ever area of the Government I could come up with an email address for. I wrote to my Governor, to my Mayor, and to all the agencies that had a hand in providing a license, and a corporation filing for this agency. I am sure they know how passionate I am about getting my justice. This particular agency never made an attempt to negotiate the debt other than to say we wont add attorneys fees, and we will cut about $100 of the $5900 bill. Of course the offer was rediculous, and our position is that we dont owe them a dime. They purchased the debt for pennies on the dollar, and had no intimate knowledge of what the debt is for. Not to mention any further probing would land them in serious trouble since our rights surrounding medical rights would also come in to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment